• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ares/ Kazaa Connections??!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gabkicks

when running Ares or kazaa, it either takes forever to connect to the network, doesnt connect at all, and rarely connects as soon as i start up... How do i fix it to connect always?

Drec

i dont think we are aloud to talk about that here..since everyone knows thos are programs used to download warez :p

but im sure you use it to download non copyrighted materials like your supposed to.

see wut port it uses to connect you may have a firewall blocking it.

OP
Gabkicks

Gabkicks

how do i do that? how do i see what ports my firewall was blocking? i have the linksys router, and i think that has a firewall built in.

:edit: I just checked my firewall and none of em are restricted... so what else could it be???

Last edited:

Zuzzz

Premium Member
As of lately you need a 'new' Kazaa client. Something changed recently and the older versions either no longer connect or take all day and then you dont find anytihng during a search. (I use this program to download airplane pics).

Z

Cloud Strife

Ad-aware finds ZERO spyware/adware in Ares on my machine.

You need to forward the ports for Ares I found for my Linksys router. But yes even I cannot connect to Ares as of lately.

dicecca112

then you have Ares Lite. Ares, the regular version has tons of spyware in it. I just fixed a friends computer, I had to reformat the drive and reinstall windows. The only thing I installed was Ares and Ad-Aware, and I ran Ad-aware just to be certain, with just those two programs installed and I came up with a lot of spyware.

[email protected]

Use Kazaa Lite K++ 2.44 It's the best version

Make sure you forward the port if you have a router. Use this port: 32656

Use Bit Torrent. Much much much much better than kazaa, edited by cw823
If you use Bit Torrents, make sure you get Azuerus.

You can discuss the program, but do not discuss illegally downloading content....whether movies, programs, or SONGS.

-cw823

Last edited by a moderator:

woutertal

I higly recommend kazaaliteresurection. It's got great accelerator functions. Check it out. I had the same probs as you, found this program, installed it without any config and it connected within 1 sec.