• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

aRGB hub daisy chaining? RGB help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Helgaiden

When it comes to case lighting, I've only recently got into RGB stuff (and mostly because i can set a specific color scheme). So right now I'm trying to do some RGB stuff on the cheap. I have 4 RAM aRGB heatspreaders on a motherboard (no rgb header) with a CPU ready to go into a system and i've started collecting parts i need. A case i worked on came with an aRGB control hub that I was thinking to use with these heatspreaders. The case i have in mind to put this build into right now needs fans so I was hoping to go with a cheap aRGB fan kit. The CPU Cooler is a Thermalake Floe Riing 360 i was given, which i plan to install on the top of the case, so top fans/lighting is taken care of. Rear fan + 3 front fans still needed. I was hoping to syncronize the front fans with the RAM sticks with one button (don't think i can get the TT fans to sync with these).

So i came across this fan kit that includes an aRGB hub as well, but wont have enough connectors for all the fans + the RGB heatspreaders. I would need 8 connectors.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N2DQCY2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_FXsOCbMDW4ZXT

Am i able to connect one of the aRGB connectors from one hub to the other so that the reset button that controls one of the hubs is wired to can control both? Is daisy chaining aRGB hubs like this a thing? Both hubs are powered as well.

Also found this fan pack that i think could accomplish what i'm looking for:
https://www.amazon.com/Apevia-SP412...55011&rnid=2470954011&rps=1&s=gateway&sr=8-13

With this one, since it comes with two LED strips and thus two connections for them, could i forgo one of the LED strips and run that connection to the other hub?
edit: Noticed that the Amazon questions for the Apevia say that even the LED strip connection is a proprietary type not able to be connected for Aura Sync or motherboard. This seems to tell me it isn't a standard aRGB connector, drats.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
So you need 4 RGB fans, I assume 120mm. It sounds like you have a controller for the memory. Are you trying to find one controller for all of them, or is it OK if the memory uses a different controller? Do they have to be addressable, it just sounds like you want to set a single color at leave it.

These are from a reputable brand and have their own controller https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HN199Y...&pd_rd_r=394bc44c-5597-11e9-9cde-6702b2cc7a24

So you need 4 RGB fans, I assume 120mm. It sounds like you have a controller for the memory. Are you trying to find one controller for all of them, or is it OK if the memory uses a different controller? Do they have to be addressable, it just sounds like you want to set a single color at leave it.

These are from a reputable brand and have their own controller https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HN199Y...&pd_rd_r=394bc44c-5597-11e9-9cde-6702b2cc7a24

Oh dang, thats a nice kit. Though my goal is to sync them to the RAM heatspreaders so i'd have to plug them into the controller for those, but the RAM heatspreaders are 5v aRGB and those deepcools are standard 12v. Though upon further inspection, i realized the aRGB controller im going to use with the RAM heatspreaders has 8 available aRGB connections on it, thus i can run 4 standard 5v aRGB connector type fans AND the RAM heatspreaders off this one controller.

Once i realized that, i had another look at those EZDIY-FAB 5 pack fans and realized what an awesome value they are. They do not use any proprietary connector as far as i can tell and the wire coming off the fans splits off to a 4-pin PWM connection and a 5v aRGB connection. I can use the included hub to run the fans (or plug them into my motherboard's PWM headers but there aren't enough, so i'd need the hub anyways) but run the aRGB off the single aRGB controller i already planned to use and not have to worry about daisy chaining at all! Problem solved! :D

Back