• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

arggg, now what? (purchasing new A64)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@/2ct!<

Newegg recently became out of stok of the ada3000axbox cpu, and now it is not even listed w/ eta for arrival of new chip. There are few other vendors with this chip in stock, and are more expensive and less well known. With final costs, it looks like a 3200+ newcastle will only cost $30 more from a very trusted reseller. I was wondering what you would do in this situation?

Thecalmingapple

Forking out the extra 30 bucks would be worth it, as you get a 12x multiplier to work with, and the trusted service of newegg.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
Go with the 2800 and save some money till a good OCing A64 comes about then sell the 2800 IMO.

Maxvla

both the box and oem versions of the 3000+'s on newegg's site are in stock :confused:

Drec

jonspd said:
Go with the 2800 and save some money till a good OCing A64 comes about then sell the 2800 IMO.

i second that..most of the 2800+'s are pretty good OCers

aldamon

Buhammot said:
I cant wait till they get the EPoX mobo in stock so I can get my 2800+... But I havent a choice but to wait...

Check out MWAVE. Yesterday, I ordered the 8KDA3J as a combo with a 2800+ Retail and Far Cry for $281.25 shipped. I hope I get a Newcastle.

A64skate

aldamon said:
Check out MWAVE. Yesterday, I ordered the 8KDA3J as a combo with a 2800+ Retail and Far Cry for $281.25 shipped. I hope I get a Newcastle.
I am almost positive that all 2800's are newcastles.

Yuriman

I ordered from newegg about a month ago and got a bum 2800+. Ive been able to take it to 1.95ghz(from 1.8). So it doesnt like to overclock much.....on the bright side, it undevolts .1v from stock, so less heat=good.