• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Argh! Stupid VNC! Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DanFraser

Yes, this is OS related... Every now and then... when using VNC, it regularly crashes, even after multiple reboots/reinstalls... yet, sometimes, this error appears...

A Runtime Error Occured in

VNC (basically)

and the window has a title of C++ something something...

Help! I really need this as I maintain my network with it!

OP
DanFraser

DanFraser

This happens A LOT when I use internet explorer... those last two numbers are just the co-ordinates of the cursor on the 'screen'... different everytime mind....

error.GIF

Heres another one:

error2.GIF

RED Hot Machine

Inactive Moderator
Have you tried reinstalling the java client for XP ?

You say that you have reinstalled vnc how about the client ?

Do other programs that use java work ok ?

OP
DanFraser

DanFraser

Other Java works ok... In fact, I am surprised I didnt pick this up before, but VNC is fine for my third comp...

So I had a closer look at my server...

*fingers crossed* I am waggling that mouse around like theres no tomorrow in VNC to my server now... Killed some spyware, lets hope it holds out.

su root

Senior Member, --, I teach people how to read your
Try installing another flavour of VNC. I prefer RTVNC (Raw Tools), but there is also TinyVNC, and alot of others. They are all linked to off of the VNC site. It may be a bug in VNC that doesn't like XP (although I havn't heard anything about that).