• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arghhh...What's causing the problems!!!???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pollux

After running my barton 2500+ @ 3200+ for 6 months, i got better case cooling and deciding to push it further. my cpu is locked, and so far im at 215x11 @ 1.8v. my 2x512mb corsair xms pc3200 is at 2-2-3-11 timings @ stock 2.6v. the bios is D23 Sub-Zer0. the problem I'm having is random reboots, bluescreen errors, and errors while booting. i dont think these started until i flashed from my stock bios to d23, but im not sure. im having trouble determining my optimal overclock. whats causing the problems? is it not enough cpu voltage? not enough ram voltage? the bios? also, i cant complete 3dmark 03 w/o getting a reboot or bluescreen. also, sometimes my pc reboots or goes to a blue screen as it is booting up. i ran prime95 torture test for 4 hours without any errors. is there an easy way to find out what the problem is? what do u suggest i do?

Jklipper

Registered
Your vdimm is too low. 2.6v is for running at 200fsb. As you increase your fsb you will need to increase vdimm and mabee even vdd. I need to have 2.9v and can only to about 210fsb unless i use a cpc disabled bios, then i can get to 232fsb maxed out at 2.9v. These are Prime stable.

OP
Pollux

Pollux

what is cpc off? i heard d24 has it, and basically it adds 10mhz to your fsb, but no performance gain, which is pointless...

also, i tried 2.9v a while ago and still had the problem..

Last edited:

HousERaT

Senior Air Extraordinaire
My NF7 system doesn't like high voltage.... seems like the ram is causing this. You might want to try lower voltage on the memory and chipset to see how that works. I can run higher votage on the cpu but nothing else. System is memtest and prime95 stable with a xp-m 2400 34% overclocked.