• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Army's High-Speed Laser Hits Shell

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
capt.1036781197.laser_weapons_la101.jpg

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...=528&u=/ap/20021109/ap_on_hi_te/laser_weapons

....wouldn't want this thing aimed at me ;)

eli

This should be one of those "Make a funny caption for this picture" contests.

CrystalMethod

Senior Band Wagon Jumper
Hey, I built one of those out of Mechano™ once when I was 8 years old. But, I got tired of having mom tell me to stop shooting down satelites so I tore it down and built a dumptruck instead. :p

donny_paycheck

Inactive Super Quad Mod
cack01 said:
Isn't this basically "star wars" but on the ground??

It's a spinoff. "Star Wars" applied to the Strategic Defense Initiative, which was to defend the US and Canada from ballistic missile strikes. The THEL is a Tactical High Energy Laser, with a tactical range only. It's designed for the battlefield to shoot down missiles and other projectiles.

However, we wouldn't have it right now if it hadn't been for the research done during the SDI years.

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
Photo caption; "Look! It says right here...THESE are the coordinates for the Death Star! You and your damned dyslexia...."

:p :p

Captain Slug

Helpful Senior Member

Caption #1 "Jim, according to my calculations it can cook a cheeseburger in 10 nanoseconds!"

Caption #2 "Awww man. They didn't even look at my proposal for painting it something OTHER than this stupid tan color."

Caption #4 "Hehehehe, Sarge just asked me when the bat signal will be ready."

Emericana

i heard that the navy has rail guns but they are mounted to battle ships and are WAY to big for personal use like in quake 2

Matrix78

#1 it's like peeing in snow... just aim it at the moon :D

#2 so... anyone up for some lazer tag??

#3 umm.... where's the button for popcorn??

KLowD9x

Barber of the base: Anyone want a haircut? I jus got some new equipment. Suppost to give you the worlds fastest haircut. Hell, sometimes the military borrows the thing to shoot bullets out of the sky.

KiKaL

Bladheadeddork ROFL!!!!!! I also liked Captian slugs 4th caption..where was the 3rd one?

Hawk

" All I know is that the Generals wife said that mountain was obstructing her path to the mall, so I guess it's gotta go"

Mr. $T$

cack01 said:
Isn't this basically "star wars" but on the ground??

I Saw somthing about this and there on Airplanes now :eek:

1) "Wooo Its the biggest sun tanner in the world... your turn to use it"