• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

artic silver worth it???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sifu quoc

my p3 700 currently is at 945, full load avgs about 32 with radioshack paste with a pep and delta....

you think artic silver can drop these temps????

will probably drop them, but those are damn fine temps. I would be afraid to touch anything.

If you do a good job of cleaning up both your core and your hs then AS2 would do wonders. Otherwise, you prolly shouldn't bother.

I think AS is amazing. My old K6-2 450 has hit new record speeds with my Coolermaster SocketA cooler w/ ASone. ATM i'm running at 495Mhz, I can EASILY hit 517Mhz, but my psu is low rated and I get random resets due to power fluctuations.

AS is very competitively priced, especially considering it yields thermal transfer rates 10x higher than generic paste. I remember some statistics that radio shack paste is something like 1.05K transfer while AS2 is 5.12K transfer.

Yes, Artic Silver II works very well. My Athlon 700 overclocked to 900 is running at 37.5 C right now under full load with Artic Silver and a Global Win fan. Not sure what the fan is, but it is not a top of the line cooling fan. Pretty good though, it might be a FOP-32. I also have a slot cooler and a standard 80 mm chasis fan.

There is no finer thermal compound made. Realistically, it may get you a few degrees improvement on a PEP after you clean it good.

Hoot

i lost about 3 degrees with it. so yea, i think it's worth it

If you do decide to try it......I'd be interested in how much of a drop from 32c (full load) you'd get on a Intel cpu. My money is on ZERO.

yea... i think my temps are about close to max now... and i am broke, and wanna buy a wrx... so my computer should be ok as it is.....

I replaced the thermal compound on my Geforce 2 GTS (ASUS V770Delux) whit artic silver II and the temps dropped whit 3 Celsius.

RUF_CTR2 (Jun 06, 2001 11:53 p.m.):
Yes, Artic Silver II works very well. My Athlon 700 overclocked to 900 is running at 37.5 C right now under full load with Artic Silver and a Global Win fan. Not sure what the fan is, but it is not a top of the line cooling fan. Pretty good though, it might be a FOP-32. I also have a slot cooler and a standard 80 mm chasis fan.

Back