• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Artifacting Problem -- 9800Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CheezFry

My friend has been playing Guild Wars for awhile now on his computer, but just recently he began having a problem with artifacting. One day he was just playing, then all of a sudden the screen got all screwed up. He closed out GW and restarted his computer. He tried playing again, and within a minute he had the same problem. I can't figure out what is causing the problem--he only gets this problem in GW, but GW is pretty much the only gfx intensive program he runs. I tried reinstalling GW and the video drivers, but the problem continues. Any suggestions?

WinXP Home
p4 2.8Ghz
512mb ram
ati 9800pro 128mb

P.S. The system and video card are not overclocked and never have been.

EDIT: Added image of what I see in the game. This probably explains the problem better than I can with words.

--Moved from Windows Section to Video&Sound/ATI

Attachments

• artifacting.jpg
    artifacting.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 68
I already tried this when I checked to make sure the fan on the card was connected and working.

make sure your psu is at least 300w. i had the same artifacts until i upgraded my psu.

I know that it should work! He's had the card since May 2001 and it has run flawlessly since then. The problem just started about a week ago.

Back