• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

artifacts on 9800 pro!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Charloz24

I'm some kind really disapointed.....

I bought a Sapphire radeon 9800 pro atlantis 128mb 256bit and also a vga silencer. So I remove the stock heatsink, remove the shim. put some AS5 and mount the vga silencer rev 3. I looked twice if the heatsink is well applied on the core (R350 BTW) and everythings seemed fine.

I reinstalled windows xp, so everythings is clean, and installed driver included with the installation CD (CAT 4.1)

I also installed radclocker for the clock rate, and then tested at default speed the troll's lair test in 3dmark 03 and there is some squares in the screen!!! I try to clock the gpu less than default (375 to 315) and there still there.

What could be the problem? The driver, or the card? Should I rma it?

ElectroX

Banned
First off, try the cat 4.6s and see if it helps. Second of all, DON'T RMA STUFF YOU BREAK. Even if you're the kind of person that would do that, you can't RMA a shimless card ;)

OP
Charloz24

Charloz24

No that is my biggest mistake :( But I'm sure I didn't break anything! That is not the first time that I was removing a shim on a card and never had problem. No, I'm really not the king of guy who RMA thing he break!

DexterPunk

Registered
hmmmm another advantage of the HIS cards.. VGA silencer as stock... doesnt work.. take it back.