• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AS2 - AS3 - Ceramique??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Southpaw

Hey all,

Just got an XP1700 DUT3C...gonna replace my old Pally real quick...here is the question...

Currently have an 8 month old - 1/2 tube of AS2

I can get a 1G tube of AS3 from Compusa for about $7

I can order a tube of Ceramique from SVC for $4 but wont get it till wednesday at the earliest...more like Thursday

options:
1) Order from SVC. Leave the old Pally on until Thursday
2) Use AS2 now and just leave it
3) Use AS2 now and replace with Ceramique on Thursday
4) Buy AS3 and leave it
5) buy AS3 now and replace with Ceramique on Thursday

opinions???

thx
SP

Nevin

Mad Scientist from Arctic Silver
Southpaw,

We do not make a 1-gram tube of AS3.

What product are you seeing at CompUSA that you believe is AS3?

Nevin House
Arctic Silver, Inc.

modenaf1

Nevin said:
Southpaw,

We do not make a 1-gram tube of AS3.

What product are you seeing at CompUSA that you believe is AS3?

Nevin House
Arctic Silver, Inc.

I saw a site somewhere on what is as fraud and what isnt, and they also said, 1gram tubes dont exist.

InThrees

Southpaw, all the greases perform in a roughly similar fashion, so just go with your AS2, and be happy.

Application is more important than brand.

OP
S

Southpaw

Nevin,
My bad....I think I meant 1cc...or 3 grams....Anyway..it is being sold at Compusa under the PCToys label...I think this is legal from what you said on your website....

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=298652&pfp=SEARCH

but geeeez...$14.99?? RIPOFF...I went by CUSA just to make sure it was not mismarked. It wasnt. The clerk asked if I found everything ok..I said sure..He said .."So your checking out??" I said.."Not with your prices!" :)

SP

OP
S

Southpaw

As far as which to use.....I figured most would say go with the AS2...just so I can get up and running w/ the new XP1700....

I am still torn...Ill grab a beer and bite to eat....then I might want to go ahaead and bust the computer down tonight....

thx for all the help
SP

Blue Jester_2112

Those T-Breds seem to run cool enough that it shouldn't matter whether you use AS2 or AS3 as ong as you apply it right. Shouldn't really affect how far you're able to push it. If, in the end, you feel your temps are too high and you aren't getting the OC you think you should you can always order AS3 or Ceramique at a later time, just don't think it'll make a big difference in how high of a clock you can get. It could easily give you a few degrees temp drop (which to some is worth it, just for the sake of slightly cooler temps, especially with summer on its way), but probably not more than a few mhz increase a best.

My 2 cents

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
I say leave the pali in for now and wait until thurs. Why do it twice just to have the tbred run for 3 or 4 days. Also I dont care for AS2. It is a lot harder to cleanup then AS3. I dont know about ceramuiqe yet. I need to order some new goop so it might as well be that.

nakman8

Is the only difference between AS3 and Ceramique that the latter doesn't have silver in it? I just ordered AS3 from SVC for cheap,$4.99,with free shipping.