• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AS5 Vs Thermal Pad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kanuck

I have an athlon 64 3000+ venice overclocked to 2.6ghz right now with pretty good temps (28-51). Currently i've been using the thermal pad that came with the CPU but I also have some AS5 and I was wondering if I should whipe off the thermal pad and replace it with AS5. Would that lower my temps a lot and would it be as safe?

Careface

it certainly would, just make sure you do a good job of cleaning off that thermal pad.. it leaves aweful residue that defeats the purpose of AS5, if not cleaned off properly (i use nail polish remover, but thats mainly because the smell is quite nice :p) :welcome:

Careface*

SteveLord

Arctic Silver 5 makes a difference. and going to their website and doing each and every "recommend" step is worth it as well.

i even recommed buying their purifier and themalgoo remover solutions. works great for me.