• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asetek watercooling kit issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xbladr

So I recently purhcased the Asetek kit from SVC.com that was on sale. The kit included everything cpu block chipset block and vga block as well as pump and single fan radiator. This is my first watercooling setup and only have the cpu block hooked up as I wasn't sure the single fan radiator would be able to take much more than that.

The problem I am having is that my idle temps on a e6500 2.93ghz pentium dual core is at 42 and 49 degrees celcius and reach well in excess of 70 under load. This seems hotter than if it was just on air. It does not seem right and it makes me believe something is definitely wrong. I do not know what I may have done anyone have any ideas as to what to look at first. I am going to order some arctic silver 5 and some performance cooling liquid just to see if that helps. But I believe something is wrong with the way I configured it.

This is the kit http://www.svc.com/03-l-1348.html
the only difference is mine is a single fan radiator solution

Last edited:
which kit?

did you remove the plastic covering on the cpu block? tried reseating? used to little or to much thermal paste?

The liquid can't help. Physics (can't fool the universe) says it ain't the liquid.

Must be a bad mount. Bad pump, etc.

The system is sealed right? Could be a faulty manufacturer issue.

Check your CPU mounting. If okay send it back.

Your CPU is pretty much a low heat issue, the setup you have should do better.

Lastsly, check your fannage on the rad. You might have VERY poor airflow over the rad, there could be MANY reasons for that.

Might join the ASETEK forum and look for similar issues.

I may have found an issue and not sure if this is a true problem or not... I have the outlet of the pump going striaght to the waterblock inlet then the waterblock outlet goes to the radiator and the radiator to the inlet on the pump could this by my issue as I am not going from pump -> radiator -> waterblock -> pump again?

Yes the plastic covering is gone and the system is sealed. I will check cpu mounting again I ordered some liquid and arctic silver and going to try those as well because something clearly is not right.

The fan is running full bore on the rad and seems to be pushing quite a bit of air... I have it taking air from outside and forcing it through the rad into the case

Thanks for the help guys any other input would be appreciated

In a watercooling loop (in the ones I deal with) but it's again physics.

Water throughout the loop will vary little in temps. Maybe 1-3 C. In a really proper WC loop (meaning 300$ for a CPU) you'll see 1-2 C maybe.

I must ask, knowing nothing (thankfully) about your loop, is the Water in into the right place on the CPU? Maybe it's backwards.

In a top CPU cooler you MUST have the water flow to the right inlet. Otherwise the flow won't be correct for best temps.

If you haven't pulled the WB off he CPU and checked your Thermal Paste (TPaste) yet time do do that.

And look at your case air flow. Having ONE 80 mm broke fan on the case inlet and a fully ugly 1995 exhaust fan holes can't help.

Check your pipage. Check your mounting of the CPU WB. Check your fannage.

If sealed you can't replace the liquid you have no resivior to bleed the system. DON"T DO THAT......

You ask for RMA, they will REFUSE IT, NO MOREMONEY. DONT OPEN THE HOSES IF A SEALED SETUP.

You do, toss it in the trash. It's dead.

Taking pics now of the whole setup and will upload them here give me 10 minutes guys... thanks for the quick responses i really do appreciate it... The setup is in a brand new Haf 922 case a huge 200+ fan on top as well as on front with the big 120mm fan on the rad.

When you say top do u mean if the case is on its side? The one this is configured is it has 3 ports all essentially directly over the cpu except the one in the middle should be the input and the two on the left and right should be outputs i have that backwards could that make a huge difference?

I will also be pulling the block and reseating it tonight checking to see if there are any issues there possibly

oh no im sorry i was confused with sealed its not sealed i had to configure the hoses and add all the liquid myself

Last edited:
We know so little about these here. You REALLY need to contack thier forums etc.

Out watercooling loops mostly satrt at $250 plus. Just haven't seen your manufacture issues show up for a long time. We just dunno.

Basically, to be honest, we shun and push people away from any cheap premade kits, even Koolance or Thermaltake. So few end up with them.

Best of luck.

We'll do what we can, but we can't do much.

cant seem to find their forums I am going to shut down the machine and take a look now at the block and see what i can find. Again any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Well i removed the waterblock and it looked ok the compound still looked kind of wet i guess you could say not dried out at all if that makes a difference I changed the orientation of how it sat on the board but the temps also have not changed. Not fully sure what the deal is I am going to break it down over the weekend and hopefully get a new compound on there and change the tubing to the correct configuration and see if that helps. If anyone else has any other ideas in the meantime feel free to post them

Also is there anyway to make sure water is pumping through the system?

Have a seperate res to se how good it's flowing, or a test with two 10 gallon or so tanks to measure flow rates. 10 gallons of water to use, whats used per min. We like to see 1.5 or so GPM for a maodern custom CPU block. No idea what yours is supposed to be. Again, we have no idea what your optimal flow rate is, it's a kinda obscure system, and not really talked about a lot here.

Ok I will try to play with different things and see what I can come up with... I may also add a washer or two to the screw on the back of the mobo see if I possible there is an issue witht he wb not sitting on the cpu correctly? I am not sure I am running out of ideas I did change the orientation of the WB like I posted earlier and seems like it may have kept temps a little more stable but 45+ at idle is insanely high so something definitely isnt right...

What are you using to measure temps? Is anything getting warm to the touch?
Is the pump running?
Is the loop full?
Make SURE the block is seated correctly.

Something's not right. Even my copper slugged Intel cooler kept my dual core +/- 50c under prime load. (stock e6550)

Patience, and be thorough, it'll get sorted out.

edit**The kit you linked mentions software, by chance does it control pump speed? (it's a thought)

Last edited:
Donuts the software is installed and only includes fan setting to adjust the speed of the fan on the rad. I have it disable and powered fully by a different fan controller. The pump is running I believe as i can feel the pump and it is vibrating. The loop is full however it may be slightly incorrect I will be fixing that this week changed the inputs on the wb itself. I am also not sure if the wb is seated as well as it could be as there are capacitors all around the cpu and am hoping it isnt hitting them. I am measuring temps with speedfan pc probe coretemp and cpuz hw monitor all show the same. One core will never ever be below 42 and the other core never below 49.

Back