• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ashes of the Singularity - benchmark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Now thats a good test they did. Nice showing Async Compute on and off. Nvidia actually performs better with it off in DX12 wow.
Even the GPU wait time waiting for the CPU.

Good link!

I forgot to update my situations.
After the beta 2 patch my single card performance went up to 30fps on crazy 1440p.
Mgpu had an issue with steam overlay FPS counter, after disabling it I now get up to 45fps with two R9 290s.
The downside is that I only get up to 45 fps regardless of graphics quality. Verdict is still the same, FX 8350 isn't quite enough at this stage.
Hopefully they have more CPU optimizations to do or some heavy bugtracking code in place. If I could get that 15 FPS more I would be really happy with the game.
BTW are here any players who own the ashes?

Trying to post comparison images with this 6700k but the uploader is fizzing up, gets stuck at 6% (seems to be a problem with Chrome).

dx11 8370 4.7ghz
dx11 8370.jpg

dx11 6700k 4.7ghz
dx11 6700k.jpg

dx12 8370 4.7ghz
dx12 8370.jpg

dx12 6700k 4.7ghz
dx12 6700k.jpg

Last edited:
Trying to post comparison images with this 6700k but the uploader is fizzing up, gets stuck at 6% (seems to be a problem with Chrome).

What happens if you try say medium settings. Does the FX scale with 6600k?
I can get FX 8350 up to 60fps with single card but dual cards it does only 45fps.

Sorry, only ever did it on max settings. It MIGHT POSSIBLY compare if you do a heavy overclock like mine was and it will be by dint of core count :( even then the difference between highest fps is near double ?

Nvidia just released a driver update that listed this as a game it updated.

might make a difference for some people,

just tested it... gave me an extra 2fps in the benchmark lol

Last edited:
Nvidia just released a driver update that listed this as a game it updated.

might make a difference for some people,

just tested it... gave me an extra 2fps in the benchmark lol

Well going from 2 FPS to 4FPS thats a 100% increase ;) J/K I know its not that bad.

My father got a 6fps increase in his 6300+970sli with the new Ashes version 0.9*, same drivers, ~19fps to ~25fps average 1080p, that's 1/3 improvement on crazy/max settings, not bad at all for stock Win7. This game seems very CPU bound no ? Will post mine tomorrow to check the difference.

Last edited:
New Ashes version 0.92.* - Snow, explosions, terrain glitches :clap: 361.91 drivers, higher normal, lower heavy but look at that lovely CPU usage.

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard000.jpg Clipboard001.jpg

Last edited:
Using same drivers 361.91 and it seems it a tad smoother with the latest programing tweaks both in CPU and GPU, visually seems the same. Will play the campaign a bit to see how it works out.

Edit: Link on the desktop is still only Ashes_DX11.exe but there is a separate Ashes_DX12.exe on the game folder same as beta.

Last edited:
Sorry, roughly the same, ~5fps higher on CPU dx12 :p still seeing a lot of terrain bugs.

CPU 4.7ghz - GPU 1448mhz/2000mhz 368.69 - ~5fps improvement from version 1.*, now we need to figure out if its from the different Crazy settings or the game/driver optimisation.

AoS 4700 settings.jpg

AoS 4700.jpg

Back