• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock phantom gaming z390 itx wifi connectors broken (?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xxNAPxx

Hello everyone
I have an issue with this motherboard in particular the wifi antennas connectors (those golden ones you screw the antennas to) on the back panel basically one of this connectors became loose after tightening the antennas, now I can't really say it is broken but if not how can I fix it? Should I replace the wifi card?

Hard to tell because we don't know exactly what is broken. Can you tighten the connector? It's just held in by a simple nut on the backside. You'll probably have to take off the shroud to access it.

Maybe tack a picture and post it here (do so in Advanced) so we can see exactly what is broken/you're talking about. :)

That's the thing, it doesn't, I don't know if it depends from the fact that it needs to be done off shield or it is broken

Mmm it doesn't thought so I don't get how to, any demostration video perhaps?

At the beginning of this video you can see the 'hex' nuts holding the wifi antennna mounts. It is the 'gold' hex nut you need to tighten up. Closest I could find on a quick search. Remove the antennas themselves to get access to the 'gold' hex nuts. Hope this helps.

Z

Thank you so much for your advice, I hope it will work abd I didn't break it while I was tightening up, if so is it possible to replace it?

Back