• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS A7N8X Out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OC-Master said:
I think the SK-6 and Volcano 7+ would fit nice on there :)

I don't think so. Not enough clearance for big heatsinks, imo.

I'd wait a revision or two. Asus had the same problem w/ the original A7V266(-E), w/ capacitors being too close to the socket, and they fixed it.

Nice Motherboard by the looks of it, as for the capacitors they are close, but if your using a Waterblock then it all looks promising.

I'll look into that one for sure ;)

M_N

Man that's a friggin sweet board, but I too would like to know what's up with the Epox board w/nVidia NB.
I'm tired of my P4 and wanted to start an AMD rig, I've got an Asus now, but it's kinda finiky, so I'm looking elsewhere for a motherboard. And that socket is oftly(sp?) close to the top, maybe a water rig in the future?

A7N8X on the way...

Well guys I have an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe on the way... paid 144.78 (US) SHIPPED from www.atacom.com (check pricewatch for there updated price with free shipping) I also have a new SLK 800 and 80mm Tornado I just got in for it. IT BETTER FIT! I'll let you guys know.

Get this, to test this HSF i put it on my current system...Gigabyte 7VRXP and a 2000+ cpu and it wouldn't POST! I thought I cracked the core because the mounting bracket is so damn tight, but i put my Coolermaster back on and it POSTed fine. I'm guessing the motherboard shut itself down because of the CPU temp limit i put on it. That just shouldn't be though! Any suggestions? I also used arcticsilver 3 on the core....

Back