• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7N8X voltage adjustments

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeoGeo

Anyone know of the voltage range on the A7N8X? Most reviews state 1.85v, but I know most Asus boards have an overvolt jumper, like my friends A7V8X. Does the Asus nforce2 board have this jumper too?

BLeh, EPoX nforce2 board has a confirmed range up to 2.2volts, I'll just go with that...

NeoGeo said:
Anyone know of the voltage range on the A7N8X? Most reviews state 1.85v, but I know most Asus boards have an overvolt jumper, like my friends A7V8X. Does the Asus nforce2 board have this jumper too?

1.85V is the highest you can go without a voltage mod which can be done! My friend is going mess with his board this weekend and he's gonna volt mod so that he can use 2.1V+

OC-Master

The Chaintech Nforce 2 also offers vcore adjustments up to 2.15v although it lacks multiplier adjustment which is dissapointing. I agree that the Epox will be the board to get if you plan on doing some extreme overclocking.:)

EPoX or the new Abit nforce2 offering. I like how the link to Abit's webpage states that they themselves overclock and how they allow higher fsb speeds than anyother nforce2 maker.

Abit, the OC kings?

From what I've heard, the Epox board is supposed to go up to 333MHz, not 2x166 but actual 333.

Tipycol said:
From what I've heard, the Epox board is supposed to go up to 333MHz, not 2x166 but actual 333.

Yeah I heard the same. Doubtful it will actually be able to run at a frequency that high though.:)

I think it might work, but first I wanna know whether Epox means 2x166 or 333, since I am still a little doubtful ;)

without a PCI lock it will be absolutly impossible to run at 333mhz fsb unless you are running zero pci and ide devices at all. so if you just wanna see 333fsb but not boot into the os then you can do that lol.

Thought it does have a PCI lock? Oh well, we'll just have to wait and see the actual boards then.

Back