• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7v133 M/B......Geat News

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

psx2doctor

Registered
I just installed the latest bios beta (1005), and it has a CPU idle option. It lowerd my CPU temp by 7C.

Is Asus probe reliable, it is exactly the same as the bios temps.

psx2doctor (May 03, 2001 09:19 a.m.):
I just installed the latest bios beta (1005), and it has a CPU idle option. It lowerd my CPU temp by 7C.

Is Asus probe reliable, it is exactly the same as the bios temps.

Congratulations on the temp drop. I think I might just hop on over to the Asus site and pick it up.

I have heard that for some the ASUS probe is reliable and if your bios says the same I guess you are one of the lucky ones. It does not work (accurately) for me so I use Motherboard Monitor 5.05 which gives me most of the same information without the inaccuracies and annoying pop up screens when ASUS probe doesn't get an update from my fan speeds. :)

I wonder how flakey that bios is...I've had good luck with 1004 and it seems pretty solid. You can set the CPU idle in any rev by just using WPCRSET and setting register 52 to EB. Keep us posted.

Back