• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS A7V333 cpu unlocking? Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Webmonkey

Dear all,

Recently, it has come to my notice that it should be possible for the KT333 based ASUS A7V333 board to unlock the multiplyer of T-bred CPUs.

Has anyone here done it? If so, what revision of the board do you have and what BIOS version do you have?

I have rev. 1.04 and BIOS 1017.

And I would also like to know, whatever the trick only works with T-breds or also Palomino CPUs?

I currently have a Palomino 1800+, but just got a nice offer on a T-bred 2100+ with AIUHB stepping, locked at 13x...

thanks in advance

Nolo31

The only way ive ever read on how to unlock a cpu has nothing to do with the motherboard. It has to do with connecting the bridges on the actual processor with some kind of car paint. Don't know much about it.

lazy232

I have an A7V333 v1.02 with 1016 bios and a 2100+ tbred b cpu.
Lower mutipliers seem to be locked but 13 and above work. The board runs well at 166 x 13.5 @ 1.7 volts.
I think you would have to connect some bridges on the palamino, not sure wich ones though, sorry.

7keys

With the palominos you have to join the L3 bridges together which unlocks the multipliers.

For the Tbred it depends on what chip you have. With the 2100+ and over you have access to the upper multipliers (13 and over) and with the 2000+ and under you have access to the lower multipliers.12.5 and under.

For the low speed Tbred you cut the 5th L3 bridge to get the higher multipliers and for the high speed Tbred’s you connect the 5th L3 bridge to have access to the lower multipliers.

A guide to AMD bridges
http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/socketa/tbred_painting.html

Last edited:

maxima88

7keys said:
With the palominos you have to join the L3 bridges together which unlocks the multipliers.

For the Tbred it depends on what chip you have. With the 2100+ and over you have access to the upper multipliers (13 and over) and with the 2000+ and under you have access to the lower multipliers.12.5 and under.

For the low speed Tbred you cut the 5th L3 bridge to get the higher multipliers and for the high speed Tbred’s you connect the 5th L3 bridge to have access to the lower multipliers.

A guide to AMD bridges
http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/socketa/tbred_painting.html

I agree w/ 7keys.

For XP2100 and faster, you'll need to do the wire trick or connect the 5th L3 bridge to have access to the lower multipliers. For a XP2000 and below, you'll need to cut the 5th L3 bridge to have access to the higher multis.

You can't have both the lower and higher multis all at the same time. It's one or the other, unfortunately.

PhobMX

let me see if i got it... im getting an athlonxp 1700 tbredb JUIHB DL3TC 0308...

My a7v333 is rev 1.02 and i want to get the highest fsb possible... so i dont need to cut, join any bridges to get the lower multis??? is this cpu going to have em right outta the box and when i install it?