• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus a7v8x 2 sticks of pc3200(400mhz) ddr ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wildbilly2k

it says in my bios that it only supports one stick at a time of pc3200 but what would happen if i stuck another stick in there? Has anyone tried it?

trulyred

I have a ati radeon 64 ddr vivo.Im gonna get a 9700 pro as soon as the money shows up ,know what I mean?! anyhow I bought the board last week put it together and it had a couple of problems.it posted ok then in like a 5 min span it would blank out the screen and come back with lines ,lots of lines. the other anoying thing it does is that it would recognize my cd in bios and boot up but not thru the os .one problem at a time though. the video won't stay on long enough to fix the cd drive problem....tr

Mambo

Try taking the heatsink off your video card and wiping off all the thermal compound with rubbing alcohol and re apply

I had a video card that was really bitchy about leaving compound on long term it would have a lot of the same symptoms as what you described