• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7v8x wont boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wildbilly2k

Alright i went to frys electronics today and bought a asus a7v8x and corsair pc3200 256mb memory

i got it home plugged everything in with my 1900+
and guess what happened no video it just stayed on for a good 5 seconds then turned itself off. But the power led on the front of my case stayed on until i unplugged the power from the power supply or hit the switch on my power supply. I reseated everythig and checked everything and checked all jumper hten i tried booting with cpu mobo and ram and video only but that still didnt work so i have come to the conclusion that the board is broke. Ooh ya and the ram is working great in my current system right now.

I just recently got an A7V8X too and am having problems too, though at least mine POSTs...can't say much for booting, though.
Does yours have the onboard sound option? Because this thing has a sort of voice error system. If you do have the option, I would go down to the basic hardware, plug in the speakers to the onboard sound and turn it on. It just might help you narrow it down.

When I was setting mine up, I powered on the system to check the fans befor sticking the processor in and was surprised to hear a female voice tell me "processor missing"

Hope this helps

MJL

dang i took my processor out and i didnt get the voice
now i know my mother board is ******
ooh well im going down to frys to return it and i have every option available on the board but i want to know how to get one of those fast serial hard drives that has the wierd red cable

Back