• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS BIOS Updates

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Traveller

Registered
Ah...

...do you have to be an insider to get a little info on what ASUS revises when they release a BIOS update?!?

I don't remember them [ASUS] being so inconsiderate -
hell, back in the days of my P2L97 & P2B, each BIOS release had all changes itemized :D

But since my CUSL2-C and now P4PE, there hasn't been one iota of info available!
How can you possibly help debug a beta release when you don't even have a clue what they have changed?

What's up with that? Anyone know of a good ASUS fan site where I might find some insider info?

Thx & cu,

Try Google.com type in Asus message board or something similar. I had a real good Asus community site bookmarked till my HDD crashed and I lost it among many other things. :mad:

Just on the topic of Asus BIOS updated IMO the BIOS versions on the german asus ftp website which are not listed on any other server should be avoided.

I would recommended checking on the Taiwanese asus site for the BIOS versions for reliability :beer:

vbhard said:
Just on the topic of Asus BIOS updated IMO the BIOS versions on the german asus ftp website which are not listed on any other server should be avoided.

I would recommended checking on the Taiwanese asus site for the BIOS versions for reliability :beer:

The ones on the German are usually Beta. As with all beta stuff, as is, where is, no warranty, no support. A lot of times it is a good source to check out though.

vbhard said:
My experience with these BIOS on the german site hasn't been pleasant...it goes without saying if it ain't broke don't fix it :)

That is understandable. I have had good and bad experiences with the German bios over the years. Haven't had to in a long time but it used to be where to go to get a bios that fixed a problem shortly after a board was released. Asus is not particularly quick at putting final bioses up on their main site.

Great forum!

Thx for the tip y'all - great site :D

And to think that my other rig sports a CUSL2-C which I've had since it first came out &
didn't even know about this site :eek: The shame...!

But unfortunately there's no insider info there either. Actually, I think every forum member
of Asusboards is a member of Overclockers as well, lol!!!

cu,

You can see the info you seek on Asus main download HTTP by clicking on the "Note" icons listed behind the files themselves.

http://download.asus.com.tw/mb_dl_menu.asp

This shows info like this (P4T533 1005 BIOS example):

Support Intel Hyper Threading Technology.
Fix Win2K/WinXP boot hang if all PnP devices in super IO are disabled.
Fix Windows 2000 produce exclamation mark in PS2 Mouse if no any PS2 devices exist.
Disable power button when EZ flash updating BIOS
Set CPU/Memory frequency ratio to 3x when FSB>140MHz for "Auto" mode
Check supervisor password when enter EZ flash.
Don not support update BootBlock funtion for EZ Flash
Fix ASR2100 PCI card cand not enter setup menu when multi-language supported
Bios multi-language- English, French, Japan, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Germany, Italian.

FIZZ3 said:
You can see the info you seek on Asus main download HTTP by clicking on the "Note" icons listed behind the files themselves.

Really, no kidding? Never would have figured that out, Fizz....

Here's a really informative popup c/o ASUS:

P4PE BIOS 1002
The latest released B
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

Or maybe this one:

P4PE Beta BIOS 1003.002
The latest Beta BIOS.
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

Thanks for the tip. not. ;)

cu,

Traveller said:

Really, no kidding? Never would have figured that out, Fizz....

Here's a really informative popup c/o ASUS:

P4PE BIOS 1002
The latest released B
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

Or maybe this one:

P4PE Beta BIOS 1003.002
The latest Beta BIOS.
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

Thanks for the tip. not. ;)

cu,

Sorry for giving a tip that so insulted your intelligence.

Back