• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Crosshair 2 slow in 3D Mark Advantage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theprodigy

Hi Guys

I have a huge problem and for the last week had no sleep because of it.

Here is my Rig Specs

AMD Phenom II x4 965 (AM3) PIB Black edition
CPU COOLING ROYAL KNIGHT ARMORED WITH 120mm
ASUS CROSSHAIR 2 FORMULA MOTHER BOARD
CASE CM STORM RED DRAGON EDITION
3 x 2 Gb Kingmax Ram 1066Mhz
2 x Innovision GTX260 448bit DDR3 896MB - Over clock (( SLI MODE ))
4 x SEAGATE ES.2 500GB RAID Ready Serial ATA Hard Drive (( Raid 0 ))
1 x Samsung DVD RW
24” Philips Gaming LCD monitor
Logitech G9 mouse
Logitech G15 keyboard
Precision GAMCON Head phones doby 5.1
Windows 7 64-bit ultimate

My problem is as follows, I use to use the ASUS M4N72-E with the same specs at the top and scored 20987 in 3D Mark advantage if I don’t run SLI MODE i scored 13986.
Know with my new board ASUS CROSSHAIR 2 FORMULA MOTHER BOARD my system scores ( 3DMark Advantage ) 9500 and no SLI MODE 8098 and my system is in overall
Very slow… even if I install its very slow what could be the problem…?

We have flashed the firmware to the lasted for the Crosshair mother board so it supports the new AM3 processor and have installed the latest windows 7 64-bit Nvidia drivers

And my system still runs slow….. please your help will be much appreciated ..

Its like having a Ferrari but you can only get maximum speed of 80mph

Thank you Jacques (( The Prodigy www.projectgaming.co.za ))

nzaneb

AMD Phenom II x4 965 (AM3) PIB Black edition
ASUS CROSSHAIR 2 FORMULA MOTHER BOARD
3 x 2 Gb Kingmax Ram 1066Mhz

AMD utilizes dual channel RAM, not tri. Take out one stick of RAM, make sure the remaining two are in the correct slots. Note the RAM specs, on a sticker on the side of the RAM, enter the BIOS and set those values manually. See if that clears things up.

Welcome to OCForums!

OP
T

Theprodigy

so memory could make a diff when they are not running in dual ...?? but what i doint understand is in my other motherboard there was no problem with speed...

Thank you

Neuromancer

Check to see if you are running in ganged or unganged mode (CPUz will tell you on the memory tab)

Also, did you do a fresh install of windows when you switched motherboards?

nzaneb

Is your CPU overclocked? 8000 in Vantage sounds about right for a single 260 and a 965 not overclocked.
example:
PII 720 @ 3630mhz and a single 260 = 9490 in Vantage

Now that I inspect your post further, I'm guessing you had PhysX enabled before, and now you don't.

Also curious about the fresh install, as Neuromancer pointed out.

OP
T

Theprodigy

i have taken my RIG direct to ASUS here in South Africa.. they have figured the bios is making my pc slow.

the new bios 2022 is the problem.. take one step back and this supports all my hardware in my case :)

looks like we have solve it