• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASUS GTX 650 Ti Boost DirectCU II OC Review (w/ SLI)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Another day, another 650 Ti Boost card to review it seems! If you have been looking at the front page like I know we all do, you have now seen three GTX 650 Ti Boost cards get the once over from Overclockers.com and they have all proven to be solid performers. Today we will get a chance to look at the ASUS offering, the GTX 650 Ti Boost DirectCU II OC 2GB (that, folks, was a mouthful!).

... Return to article to continue reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
great review, it is nice to see such good scaling. Much better then it was even 3 years ago IIRC.

650 Ti boost is definitively the Budget Gaming Card (with capital letters). My friend is selling a lot of them (mainly Palit, Gainward and Gigabyte) to people building budget gaming pcs.

Attacking the 660, finally becoming issues with separating them. Its turning into a lot of different cards with close to comparable performance. Kinda same stuff with GTX 670/760 but at least its a different series and not same series. So, i dont share the enthusiasm, the sheer amount of new card names with very few difference in performance is simply overkill. But why not to relase a new GPU for every 5% of performance difference, if it makes people happy... then so be it.

Last edited:
SLI'ing two lower end cards is silly, save up the little extra bit of money and buy one higher end card.

That way you completely eliminate any SLI issues (I've had none so far but I hear horror stories) and reduce heat output.

Still a good review tho.

SLI'ing two lower end cards is silly, save up the little extra bit of money and buy one higher end card.

That way you completely eliminate any SLI issues (I've had none so far but I hear horror stories) and reduce heat output.

Still a good review tho.

I agree with that but sometimes the cheapest upgrade path is to buy a second card when your card starts to show its age.

I did that with my GTS 250's to bridge the gap between selling my 580 and buying my 680.

Thanks ED !

If i was buying this card, i would add heatsink on the VRM's. Like i did to my Asus 650TI.

Back