• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS K8V Deluxe + AMD Athlon 64 3400+ 2.2GHz CPU (AMN3400BIX5AR)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RoboticMassacre

Hello Everyone,

I've got a bit of a dilemma at hand. I have a rig with an ASUS K8V Deluxe Mobo that is currently running an AMD Athlon 64 2800+ CPU. I purchased this CPU off ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290231902257

Its the AMD Athlon 64 3400+ and they are both Socket 754 and I flashed the BIOS chip, killed it so I had to order a new BIOS chip from ASUS that came with Bios Version 1011. I was wondering if there is an issue because the 3400+ is a Mobile PC chip, does anyone know if the two are compatible?? Thank you very much for your help!

RoboticMassacre

It would work, you just have to figure out some sort of mounting system with the HSF so you don't crush the core or leave it inadequately cooled.

It would work, you just have to figure out some sort of mounting system with the HSF so you don't crush the core or leave it inadequately cooled.

Well it has the small surface area that would still make contact with the Thermaltake CPU fan, but the issue is I dont get any response when I put it in the motherboard, even with the upgraded BIOS it tells me Bad BIOS Checksum. But when I put in the other CPU I have then it works fine and starts up and everything! I guess the question I have is, if a CPU is dead, what would is say on start up?? Or if its incompatible what then?? Thanks for the help.

RoboticMassacre

Back