• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus M5a99FX pro r2.0 + AMD FX 8350 Vishera (B.E)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No. Too skinny to accommodate the CoolerMaster cooler. Choose a case of at least 191 mm width. That one is only 180 mm wide.

Hmmm can you give me some mid tower cases with 191mm..

Cooler Master K350 Clear Side = ?
Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus = ?
Thermaltake V4 = ?

Items to put, Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 and Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Turbo.

Last edited:
Yes, but you will need to give me some links to vendors you might use where you live. Availability of products varies tremendously from one part of the world to another. Do you have access to either the Coolermaster HAF912 or the Antec 300 series? Both are feature packed, roomy mid tower cases and not too spendy, at least not in the US. The Antec 300 won't win a beauty contest but it's very functional.

Last edited:
Im from the Philippines... so our atmosphere temperature here is really different..
I was browsing some Casing from one of the stores in our place and I think the items on the link/list are the only available on our place..

http://dynaquestpc.com/index.php/peripherals/chassis-1/mid-tower.html

my budget is somehow 50$ or like Php 2,000.00 in our place.
Thats why I was asking if these casings below maybe 1 would be good for the asus m5a99fx pro r2 board..

Cooler Master K350 Clear Side
Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus
Thermaltake V4

I would go with the K350. It is 7.8" wide and should provide plenty of clearance for the Hyper 212 evo cooler. It also looks like the most substantially built of the three.

darkblitz05, I would suggest editing your profile to add info about where you live as you know by now that climate and geography make a difference in these matters we are helping you with. Others who join later may have missed that info in a single post made somewhere along the line.

Have you made sure the bios is correct. You need to have at least 1006 on the mobo to use the FX-8350. I would download latest BIOS version from ASUS and install on a flash drive. Download the manual from ASUS and follow step by step exactly how to flash that MOBO as you can ruin your MOBO. IF you dont know BIOS version its displayed on BIOS screen and usually a sticker on the BIOS Chip on the MOBO itself.

Heres a link to download new BIOS if you decide to go this route. IT alsos has a hyperlink in description with directions on how to flash. I would print them off.
http://support.asus.com/Cpusupport/detail.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=1&m=M5A99FX PRO R2.0&cpu=FX-8350(FD8350FRW8KHK,4.0GHz,8C,125W,rev.C0,AM3+)&pcb=ALL&sincebios=1006&memo=

Have you made sure the bios is correct. You need to have at least 1006 on the mobo to use the FX-8350. I would download latest BIOS version from ASUS and install on a flash drive. Download the manual from ASUS and follow step by step exactly how to flash that MOBO as you can ruin your MOBO. IF you dont know BIOS version its displayed on BIOS screen and usually a sticker on the BIOS Chip on the MOBO itself.

Heres a link to download new BIOS if you decide to go this route. IT alsos has a hyperlink in description with directions on how to flash. I would print them off.
http://support.asus.com/Cpusupport/detail.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=1&m=M5A99FX PRO R2.0&cpu=FX-8350(FD8350FRW8KHK,4.0GHz,8C,125W,rev.C0,AM3+)&pcb=ALL&sincebios=1006&memo=

Good point, though I think it would not even post correctly if the bios was pre 8350 Vishera.

Darkblitz05, please attach the "Motherboard" tab from CPU-z with a post. It will tell us what bios version you have.

not to confuse the issues but, Rgone and I have found that the bulldozer bios works best with our pile drivers.
If you are having issues stay with the p-d bios.

Trents, i have benn known to confuse even me..

Rgone and I both run bios 1102 I think it is on our crosshair boards with pile driver cpu's.
all the testing he has been doing with the asrock fatlady board has all been with bios 160, a bulldozer bios and my fx6300.
all the testing he will be doing with the fatlady and his 8350 will be with the same bios.
we have found that a bulldozer bios works better than a pile driver bios for us.
I hope that clears up whatever i was saying.

Last edited:
Even better than the other one. Wide enough and has more spots for fans, particularly in the rear and top panels where they count the most.

I noticed Cooler Master K350 doesnt support TOP Fan so maybe ill go with the COUGAR

If this COUGAR doesnt have other free fans.. Then Ill just add some DeepCool XFAN 120mm (2pcs) for the meantime..

http://dynaquestpc.com/index.php/ac...-xfan-120-led-blue-red-fan-120l-b-120l-r.html

Cougar seems to be a decent case, got more room for wire management, I think? :D

Last edited:
Which one now are you calling the Cougar? I can't find that tag in any of the links you gave.

Yes, the Cougar should work fine.

Cool!, soon im gonna get this.. :attn:

and btw about my problem on this thread, It was found out that it was a FAULTY PROCESSOR, check it on the previous page.. :D
also I was using the lates BIOS of the board, just to clarify it.

Back