• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus mainboard temps all the same way?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smizoked

I have two ASUS boards.....My new one is the A7V266E that I read posts the wrong tempreature by 10c. Is this the same with the older A7V133 or does it only apply to the new ones?

FRANK

I've had the same problem with both the A7V and the A7V133.
This problem has been reported by most ASUS users on several of their motherboard models.

Good Luck

Yodums

I think the older Asus boards like the A7V won't read with a 10 degree difference, it was more of the modern boards being manufactured that had that problem.

Yodums

FRANK

Yodums said:
I think the older Asus boards like the A7V won't read with a 10 degree difference, it was more of the modern boards being manufactured that had that problem.

Yodums

I'm sorry, but this problem has been documented from at least the days of the A7V with the VIA KT133 chipset. This was the first ASUS board for the new at the time socket A platform, long before the 1gig CPU's and DDR RAM.

I still use one each of the A7V and the A7V133 which were purchased when they each became available and niether one of them has ever reported accurate temperatures.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

Puer Aeternus

I am still waiting for an official answer on this issue...I am sure there is a link somewhere to an older thread on this issue or at least a link to some documentation and/or testing of temps w/ ASUS MOBO's.

Any takers? THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE.....somewhere:burn:

Kendan

Senior Punk
Puer Aeternus said:
I am still waiting for an official answer on this issue...I am sure there is a link somewhere to an older thread on this issue or at least a link to some documentation and/or testing of temps w/ ASUS MOBO's.

Any takers? THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE.....somewhere:burn:
The truth is in your hands:D The only way to get an acurate reading of your temp is to use a probe and get it yourself. So go get the truth:burn:

Puer Aeternus

On a another forum this topic is being discussed in particular to the A7v133...a thread there says that MOBO's bios temp readings are actually acurate..it is Asus Probe that is inaccurate, could this be the problem. Too many peeps were confusing high temps w/ Asus Probe(imo it bites!) and not the BIOS.
Until I get a sensor and test it myself is there a link or article that proves either way whether the A7v133 gives inacurate temps?
Does anyone have any facts to back this issue up and clear the confussion that some of us still have?

Yodums

Puer Aeternus said:
On a another forum this topic is being discussed in particular to the A7v133...a thread there says that MOBO's bios temp readings are actually acurate..it is Asus Probe that is inaccurate, could this be the problem. Too many peeps were confusing high temps w/ Asus Probe(imo it bites!) and not the BIOS.
Until I get a sensor and test it myself is there a link or article that proves either way whether the A7v133 gives inacurate temps?
Does anyone have any facts to back this issue up and clear the confussion that some of us still have?

It could be the PC Probe version, just maybe. But my cousin uses MBM and at full load hes around 40 ish, and with barely any airflow, so if that thing reports 10 degrees higher, he'd be at 40 which is kind of unbelieveable.

Yodums

FRANK

I have several ASUS boards including an A7V133 as well as an original A7V and can tell you (as I have been for a long time) that this series of motherboards does not report reliable temperatures, neither by ASUS Probe nor from the BIOS.

Although you can use MBM and adjust the reading to compensate for the discrepancy, you still need an accurate method to read the temperature to begin with to establish a baseline. The generally accepted rule of thumb on this issue is that the ASUS boards report the temperatures by as much as 10C higher than actual by both the ASUS Probe and the BIOS.

Look at my signature, I currently have an A7V and an A7V133 up and running very much overclocked (I've had these boards since they were first became available). Question me if you like but I've come to my conclusions on this issue through experience.

My .02

Good Luck!

res0r9lm

yea I would have to agree about the a7v being off.
my shuttle with 1.4 tbird @ 1654 vcore 1.95 is 40c under load using mcxc 370 and the asus with 800 duron @ 958 vcore 1.79 is reading 47c with mc 462. it's impossible that duron is running hotter than tbird while using a better hsf.