• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus NForce (A7N8X) bas onboard sound?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Desperado84

my onboard sound , supposed to be the good stuff "soundstorm" doesn't seem that good.
when i have no music playing, if i turn my speakers up i have so much interference (like a screaching)
anyone any ideas
btw speakers are Logitech z-560
thanks for the help guys

bigfoot

Hmm... When you unplug your speakers and then turn the volume up does it still give you that same noise, if so, it's not the onboard sound. If it goes away, it could posibly be a bad ground, Are you useing Digital or Analog? I dont know much about those speakers except that they are good!

OP
D

Desperado84

okay,. maybe this will help you help me.
when i pull out the speaker cables from the onboard sound, the screatching goes away completely.
note, this is only at very high volume, but still.
also i am using Analoge

bigfoot

Umm, try this, open up "Volume Control" and mute every analog input, IE: CD input, Line in, and especially the Mic, ect. one by one. If the buzzing still doesn't stop try to turn the master volume (in volume control) down slowly and tell me if the buzzing goes down as the volume goes down.

mikehritz

Registered
you didnt mention if you have the deluxe or not....i believe only the deluxe has soundstorm, the regular version only has ac97 i believe.

-Mike

trendx

Ive had this problem before but with a different setup, mine was the sound of my CDRom spinning, and it was comming outta my speakers! Fixed that real fast :D