• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P4PE: EZ plug what is this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Calavera

I checked the manual and it says to use this if I don't have an ATX +12V power supply in order to supply enough power to the CPU.

Does the ATX +12V refer to the 20-pin ATX power connector?

If it does, that means I don't have to plug in EZ plug since I have a 420W PSU with the 20-pin ATX power connection..right?

vbhard

Yes that is correct you don't have to plug in anything. I didn't find any difference even when I plugged in all the 3 connectors but some ppl found the +12v rail to be little bit better.

I would say to give it a go if you have a spare molex connector :)

larva

Inactive Moderator
You are supposed to have either the 4 pin auxillary 12V connector or the EZ-Plug (drive connector) attatched. My P4S533 ran without either attatched, but I would use the 4 pin 12v if you have it, if not plug in a drive connector in the EZ-Plug.

Bald Shadow

larve will it do any damage if you do in fact plug all of the 3 connectors to the mobo at the same time? will it give the board better stability? Please excuse the questions, this is all new to me.