• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P4PE... Or Gigabyte Gigabyte GA-8PE667

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tuzzi

Registered
Just can't seem to decide between these two Mobo's Any comments? :mad:

Go for the Gigabyte 8PE667 motherboard.It is a great motherboard with high overclocking stability.I have one myself and i have reach my pentium 4 1.8A to 2.8 ghz. With other motherboards i couldn't do that.It also supports hyper-threading for newer cpus.

pko/c,

Thanks for the reply. What kind of memory timings does this Mobo have? How high can you run your memory? Any Compatability problems with Corsair XMS memory. Sorry for all the questions, and thanks again for your help.

pko/c said:
I have one myself and i have reach my pentium 4 1.8A to 2.8 ghz. With other motherboards i couldn't do that.It also supports hyper-threading for newer cpus.

That is an awesome overclock. How many of the memory slots are you using? When the board was reviewed over at Anandtech they said it would not run when two memory slots were used.

Have you had any of those problems? I may get this board on Wednesday as I am waiting on the Gigabyte GB board to come in. This may ease my pain and make the wait more tolerable. I have two 512MB Corsair XMS3500 sticks waiting to be used.:cool:

ShoNuff said:

That is an awesome overclock. How many of the memory slots are you using? When the board was reviewed over at Anandtech they said it would not run when two memory slots were used.

Have you had any of those problems? I may get this board on Wednesday as I am waiting on the Gigabyte GB board to come in. This may ease my pain and make the wait more tolerable. I have two 512MB Corsair XMS3500 sticks waiting to be used.:cool:

I am only using one of the three slots.I haven't experienced any problem.

Back