• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus p4s533

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

m.d.

hey i'm new to overclocking, so feel free to jump all over me if i'm wrong.
i'm running my above board with a 1.8 p4 and a radeon 8500
i am using 3dmark to gauge my overclock and my best results so far were 9975 at 125 fsb with a 3/4 memory setting which works out to be 166mghz(i have 1 stick of pc2700 512) while doing this the agp/pci is approx 42mghz.
when i bump it up to 133 fsb my marks drop to about 9300 the memory is at about 177 which i have run before. i'm wondering is it possible that the pci bus which sets it self back to 33 is responsible for some of the loss. But i also have the problem at 130 fsb which the pci is in the high 40's. my vcore voltage is untouched. what should i do next?

o1die

I had to bump up the cpu vcore to 1.625 to get my 1.8a stable at 133 fsb. I use pc2100 generic memory set at 2.7 volts using the onboard jumper and the 4:5 ratio for overclocking. You can also run your pc2700 memory at 2.7 if needed. Your cpu temps will only rise 2-3 degrees celcius. My range is 36-54 celcius, depending on the time of year and what games I'm running. I have an enlight desktop case with 300 watt ps and one exhaust slot fan. It's very quiet.

mirko_3

hey, i have that same motherboard and video card:)
i really don't know what could be the cause of the lower score in 3dmark; I don't really think that a 33 AGP frequency should perfrom worse that 42... are you sure you didn't change any other settings (maybe cas latency)? What about other benchmarks, do they give you a lower score with 133 FSB or is it only 3dmark? I don't know id it happens with my mobo as well, as I have always kept it a 133 bus; If I have time I'll test it...

OP
M

m.d.

ya i'm going to have to test with sandra
i can make it stable but when i run the processer high my 3dmark scores drop down the tube, like 600 points.
120 fsb 9975
133 fsb 9250
???

mirko_3

shauns said:
mirko: im scared to flash my bios w/ the P4S533 bios =X

Actually it's no big deal, really. I just flashed it ignoring the warning I get; I've been using this bios for months, and noticed no decrease in stability, and a gain in performance since I can now select the 4:6 memory ratio at fsb 133 (and 3:6 at <133, but my memory can't do that).

If you plan on overclocking your memory, I'd flash the bios, otherwise not. If you do, just keep in mind that MB and CPU temps are reversed...