• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P4T533RAID VRIMM Mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OP
K

Kin Hell

Registered
How far did u get with this Mod dude?

I got a Vapo Unit strapped on a 2.533 Philly and have rock solid stability at 156fsb, 4X mem at fastest settings (2 x 256 Samsung 4200's)

I have seen 175fsb with mem at 3X but not stable, so I'm hoping this mod will help some more.

Well aware of VCore being crap and looking to make up a large Active Northbridge Cooler from a Copper Block and Large Round Type Heatsink (like a Blue Orb type but bigger)
Cant believe how hot that Northbridge Chip gets. Had a look at the Chip by removing the Heatsink....holey Moley,....the Northbridge looks like a PIII Cpu ffs!
Judging by a finger test on that Balck Heatsink, I wouldnt be suprised if the Northbridge is crapping out as well. Especially when I start seeing Problems on the IDE side of things!

*EDIT* Have u noticed at 160fsb, having the Memory Turbo mode enabled gives you L E S S Bandwidth in SiSoft2002!?

pacino

The devil’s advocate
Yes I agree, but the highest I got with mine (RMA'ed) was 164fsb and not stable at all, in fact, the board is not even stable @ 133! .. I'm getting a newer one sometimes next week, hope it'll work better :)

OP
K

Kin Hell

Registered
Ah,....good luck there...Dont forget to consider Actively Cooling ure Northbridge tho...they get very very HOT on this Mobo.

OP
K

Kin Hell

Registered
Now stable at 160fsb 4x No turbo mode.
Thing is, this board gives less bandwith in Turbo mode over 155fsb. I find that rather odd!
I also loose about 200Mb/sec on memory bandwidth for running 2 x 256 Modules!
Grr eh!
Unstable at 4x 165fsb but havnt tried anything inbetween 160 & 165.
I used a 47K pot, twas the only thing I had, backed it off to the right, havent checked it but at that, I should be pumping 2.26V at the rimms.

Might be interesting to see if it will go more fsb with just 1 Rimm.
Lots to play with but luvvin this bandwidth! :D

pacino

The devil’s advocate
160 @ 4x? .. holly molly! .. this is SWEEEEET! .. I just got my new board today, same revision (1.03) .. but with HT sticker, I guess it's a newer build than my older one... I can't test it yet (no CPU) .. I'll let you know tho' .. dude, 1 stick and you will be gettin' some insane memory bandwidth @ 166fsb! 4x