• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5VD1-X and Sata HDD trouble.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dylskee

Just built a new computer for my daughter for christmas and i'm having some trouble installing windows. The HDD is a Western Digital Caviar SE 300GB Serial ATA150. I have not enabled Raid but for some reason it shows up in the Boot Device Priority as "Raid: WDC WD3000JD-". It's not recoginized anywhere else in the bios either, And when i try to boot to the Windows cd it says no HDD detected. Anyone else have this trouble with this board and a sata hard drive?

OP
dylskee

dylskee

Ok, got the HDD issues worked out and windows is installed and working. I turned on the computer today to install some software and it hangs at the windows xp logo screen for about 60~70 seconds then boots to windows. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

jayme

Registered
well, if you mean the 3 squares go accross the bar 25-30 times when you say hangs, then we probably both got screwed by this motherboard cuz mine does it too. I'm thinking this thing isn't nearly as good as they make it out to be.

OP
dylskee

dylskee

Yeah, not too impressed so far. Yes, the splash screen that shows the windows xp logo and the blue bars flashing across, takes over a minute on that screen!!! :eh?: