• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P7P55D: Deluxe or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jaspack

Hi,

i want to build my first pc that i want to overclock. I decided to use the intel i5-750 processor with an assus motherboard.

I don't know what to choose: the asus P7P55D or the asus P7P55D Deluxe. Is the Deluxe-edition recommended when you want to overclock the CPU and GPU? What is the major difference between those boards?

bda1967

Hopefully this link will work. http://www.asus.com/compare.aspx They both will allow you to overclock but the Deluxe has two pci-e 2.0 x16 slots for a second video card (1 card @ 16x or 2 cards @ 8x) where the vanilla model has 1 pci-e 2.0 @ 16x and 1 pci-e 2.0 @ 4x. The deluxe has a better power design for overclocking and has a better on-board sound package too. I would go with the Deluxe if you can afford it.

OP
J

Jaspack

thanks for the quick answer, I think i will go for the Deluxe version, i want to overclock :)