• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS PROBE air cooling question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

realms

Registered
I just installed ASUS probe for my P4C800-E and i'm getting an idle temperature of 27-29C. Is this program known to be wrong? I just got done uninstalling my watercooling kit on my gigabyte motherboard and it was reporting temps of 39C-42C idle. I went from the watercooling kit, to a thermalright SLK 900U with a tornado mounted on top and a heavy heavy coating of arctic silver, i'm running a 2.8ghz and may overclock it a bit figured id check to see first.

also my MB idle temperature is 31C

If your CPU idle temp is lower than your MB idle temp then ASUS probe is definitely wrong.

Radical said:
If your CPU idle temp is lower than your MB idle temp then ASUS probe is definitely wrong.

My cpu has the slk 900U and a tornado on it, and my chipset just has the asus dinky stock heatsink with no fan, i'm just asking if the program has a tendency to be wrong.

Quattro said:
Why such a heavy coating of AS?

You only need the smallest bit.

It's not dripping off it's just a bit more than i usually put on. Maybe heavy wasn't the word i was looking for.

I just want to know the application has a tendency to be wrong, i guess i'll just download mbm5 and compare the two.

The motherboard temp comes from a little winbond chip on your motherboard not your nothbridge.

Back