• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus RMA Service is horrendous

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I work in IT ( mainly distribution, service etc ) for last 8-9 years and ASUS service always sucked. I remember when we were sending big box of boards to rma every 2-3 weeks and many of them we had back with other issues or totally dead. Like when we made rma for board with broken audio we got it back with fixed audio but broken LAN. When I was working for quite big computers manufacturer we changed most pc lines from asus to gigabyte mainly because of service quality. I changed my job 3 times since then and was always the same.
My personal experience with ASUS isn't much better. For all boards from them I had to make rma 1-3 times and for each rma I had to wait at least a month. Last rma I made over 3 weeks ago for P6X58D-E that just can't see any memory and memok led is always on. Today I got info that shop where I bought it will replace it to other, probably higher model because ASUS service has no idea what is with board and can't say when they fix it after almost a month of waiting :bang head. Maybe half year ago I made some mails about the same board to ASUS in 2 different countries. In both service centers I got ignored or I got stupid answer after exchanging some mails ( for each I had to wait 3-7 days ).
Most their boards have the same problems with memory compatibility ( mainly older boards ) or bios issues ( some boards have 20+ official bios versions and still have issues ) and they stop support for their products after 2-3 years ( usually after warranty expires ). I mean like problems with bios or drivers ( when sometimes it's hard to find them for older audio card etc ) or no drivers for new systems or what more for some boards you won't find even old drivers on their site.
I don't know what warranty law is in other countries but here ( read in Poland ) I prefer to buy stuff like that from online shops/retailers cause there is 14 workdays to fix stuff or decide about replacement and I don't have to care about producer's support. If I buy hardware for company then it's harder and I have to wait some more.
I decided that I won't buy any asus board anymore ( at least for home usage ). I have no problems with ASRock, Gigabyte or other brands and can't say bad things about their support ( I change and test hardware really often even that not all see that on forums ).
You recognize good producers mainly because of their after-sale support. Most users won't see that when they buy computers every 3-5 years ( and then you see for example polls with so many happy asus users shouting asus is the best ... ) but some who are testing or making computers almost everyday can say some more about service quality. It's all fine till anything break then it's only pain and neverending waiting ...

Sorry for my English, I'm trying to work on it :) ( of course if anyone will read all that ;) )

I got an email from asus last night that my board will be replaced with a rev 3.1 B3 board and should ship out today. Sadly, this is still 1 day less than 2 weeks after they stated it would be shipped.
But it is progress, and makes me happy that it is supposed to be on the way.

I'm sorry to hear that Asus has screwed you over so bad, dejo!:( Makes me rethink any future purchases of Asus products for sure. As for the new replacement motherboard, make sure it works then sell the sucker. ;)

Well this one is BNIB and is all ready in the classifieds. I opened the box, saw the new board and sealed it back up.

It looks like with the last board they just soldered on a few chips and sent it back with no testing...

Yesterday I got back board from rma. I shouldn't complain as I got R3E for P6X58D-E. Maybe not new but it's working. There is only 1 little problem ... my last board killed cpu that I noticed while I wanted to check R3E yesterday ( also tested at work on some other board ) ... and next month rma :bang head

my board did make it back yesterday. and with said rev3.1. powers up and runs fine, so I am off the rant. still not happy with the way they seem to just say whatever to customers.

a month and a half isnt the end of the world. what go me riled up was that everytime they would try to accuse me of not doing something, and they didnt care that it was their fault. they did actually admit to giving me a bad address-but first tried to accuse me of sending to said wrong address. when it was a shipping label that was the culprit and then they went back to the fact that I didnt have a credit card on file. they also said they would ship the wednesday 2 weeks ago and I think they had no intentions of sending on that day.

the service did work in the end, but sure would have been a lot less stressfull if they just acted like they cared about thier customers. I have always been an asus fanboy- even though I have had better luck from gigabyte on the last several boards from them that I have purchased. only real issue with gigabyte is the boot sequence takes much longer when running a raid setup.

as it stands I think I would still buy an asus board if and only if it had real advantages over the gigabyte equivilant. but it still doesnt change the fact that asus customer service is the worst I have ever encountered

I guess I will be going through my own private hell with them soon. I see an RMA in the near future on my P6T board. Luckily I ran across a fantastic deal in the Classies on a Rampage II Extreme. And there I just went against what I posted above about rethinking another Asus purchase too.:rofl: But hell, I couldn't pass up such a good deal on it, because I can't hardly buy any new X58 board of any kind for the price I bought it for. And this one is supposed to be BNIB and just returned from an RMA.

as it stands I think I would still buy an asus board if and only if it had real advantages over the gigabyte equivilant. but it still doesnt change the fact that asus customer service is the worst I have ever encountered

Just to put this in perspective. I just had a Gigabyte P67A go bad. I filled out the online RMA form, had an RMA number the next day, shipping to them took 4 days (through the weekend), 3 days after arrival I just got an email saying the replacement was on it's way (due here in 5 days, including the weekend). So from Gigabyte I'm looking at 14 days from RMA application to new board at my door, not too shabby.

I just received my Gigabyte Z68A RMA they had it only for 2 weeks and the infinite boot looping has been fixed, they also updated my Bios also.

I'm a Gigabyte fan boy, i only buy there budget boards and expect them to overclock like the premium boards for 3 years 24/7 and they do.:D

Whiners and mistakes

I don't know about Asus USA, but Asus Canada is wtfawesome! Yes, even here mistakes happen, even with the best companies.
I have been in the business for over 15 years now and I can tell you that aside from Western Digital, nobody in the computer industry has RMA service like Asus.
The only issues I have come across are from customers that are difficult whiny pricks to begin with. Asus could hand deliver their rma and they still wouldn't be happy. When one of these pricks installs the cpu wrong, jams a PCI Express 6 pin power into the 4 pin power plug on the board, or somehow manages to break a capacitor off in true newby fashion, Asus still rma's this stuff!! Yes, they even warranty total idiots!
95% of the time, I am extremely happy with Asus rma of everything from mobo's and video cards to Laptops, routers and tablets. The other 5% of the time I do what I have to in order to make my customer happy and happily forgive Asus for the mistake while I get my disty to take care of it.
Compare with MSI, sapphire or Gigabyte who **** me off 80% of the time with super long wait times, un-fixed products and high failure rates to begin with.
Bottom line, you all need to stop your emo ***** whining and realize that Asus is one of the few computer companies left that really do try 150% to do the right thing. And remember, the ruder you are to them, the less likely they are to go out of their way to make you happy. I fire customers without prejudice as needed, I'm sure Asus has a right to as well;)

Bottom line, you all need to stop your emo ***** whining and realize that Asus is one of the few computer companies left that really do try 150% to do the right thing. And remember, the ruder you are to them, the less likely they are to go out of their way to make you happy. I fire customers without prejudice as needed, I'm sure Asus has a right to as well;)
Err, thank you and welcome to the forums? You realize that you are flamebaiting in a thread that is quite old, right? Not really the best way to start here. I'd suggest starting with dropping the holier-than-thou attitude.

Regardless of how you worded it, I fully agree that the customer is not always right.

Back