• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Rog Apex XII AIO Cooler compatibility.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Any that say it fits for that platform/socket works.
Well, actully no really, I tested it with an EK AIO and the only way I could mount the pump was with the tubes on the topside and not on the "Correct" side bcs the tubes would push on the first ramstick. Asking manily bcs of the biffier heatsinks around the socket.

PS Z490 Asus Rog Apex XII Motherboard

They should all work. The space around the socket is standardized so this doesnt happen. I've seen the zero clearance you're talking about, however. Typically you can mount the block and push 'away' from the ram and tighten down (1-2mm is all it takes) so it doesn't push on it. There's some play on the mounting.

If you're concerned, look up the dimensions of that ek aio block and look at the dimensions of some aios your looking at. Obviously anything smaller won't run into that rare (and typically 'fixable') occurrence.

Last edited:
Back