• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus RVE i7-5960 overvolt error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Railgun

I figured this is more a MOBO, and maybe PSU issue rather than a CPU issue so I'm throwing this in here.

Has anyone been party to an OV error with this, or perhaps a similar combo? It's been playing up recently in that it's not booting on the first go...just sits at a blank screen. I've not t-shot it yet, but that's somewhat secondary to the OV error I'd just encountered.

BIOS claims the CPU was sitting at a not too comfy 1.8...v before settling back to the 1.3 I've set (which, is apparently actually sitting at 1.312 for both the CPU and cache. No other voltages other than DRAM are manually set.

I've OC'd a few rigs and this is the first time I've encountered an OV error. I'm curious to know who may have seen this issue before prior to the big smoke.

OP
Railgun

Railgun

Apologies for the delayed response. I've been on 3501 for a few months now so already on the latest and greatest.

trents

Could be that one of your P state values needs to be manually adjusted. I would contact Asus.