• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Scammed Us

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
"ASUS Already On Government's Radar for Warranty Issues"

"With ASUS' issues now spanning several years of our coverage -- if not decades before that -- we are now committed to getting the industry's leading manufacturer by sales to actually improve. That starts with customer education. Our past two videos looked into the ASUS warranty scam, with episode 2 focusing on the legal side with an attorney to discuss Magnuson-Moss Act claims, and now we're speaking with Right to Repair Expert Nathan Proctor, on recommendation from Louis Rossmann. This coverage will go over consumer rights, how ASUS is in trouble with the FTC already for warranty void stickers previously, and how there's a chance for ASUS to improve and do better for its customers."

00:00 - Knowing Your Consumer Rights
04:45 - What We Want for ASUS
06:38 - Consumer Rights Education
09:25 - Government Action is Next
10:53 - Companies That Didn't Suck for RMAs
14:51 - Introducing Nathan Proctor
15:16 - A Time This Worked (Google Chromebooks)
17:50 - Improving ASUS
20:00 - Illegal Tying, Laws, Your Rights
21:28 - ASUS Already on FTC's Radar
23:11 - Is ASUS in Violation?
25:52 - Can We Actually Fix This?
32:15 - Consumers Do Have Power

"I tried using ASUS' Advanced RMA service and hoped it worked as it should.... but here's my full experience. I started this video hoping it would be the total opposite, but something is wrong here..."

"I tried using ASUS' Advanced RMA service and hoped it worked as it should.... but here's my full experience. I started this video hoping it would be the total opposite, but something is wrong here..."

I watched that video and IMO :poop: happens. No company in the world is perfect and if they address the problem or problems and fix that to me IMO, they are a good company. Not like EK.:nuts:

Last edited:
Confronting ASUS Face-to-Face ⇾ "In this video, we meet with ASUS physically to go over the ASUS RMA and warranty investigation. This follows our ASUS ROG Ally warranty claim series, with each episode linked below. Our objective is to see improvement for the betterment of the community, especially because ASUS is a sales leader and can set the example for its competitors."

00:00:00 - Tension with ASUS
00:01:19 - Making Progress
00:03:15 - Why We're Doing This
00:05:43 - Timeline & Recap So Far
00:07:17 - ASUS at Computex
00:09:53 - Discussion 1: Global Director of Marketing
00:14:16 - Discussion 1: Apology from ASUS & First Request
00:16:41 - Discussion 1: Repair Deficiencies
00:18:50 - Escalating to an Executive of Customer Service
00:22:26 - Discussion 2: Head of Customer Service & Sr. Manager of CS
00:27:55 - Discussion 2: Is Statement 1 a Lie?
00:37:30 - D2: Making Progress
00:40:30 - D2: Refunds Promised
00:41:38 - D2: Shipping Refunds
00:43:40 - D2: Waiving Shipping for Repairs
00:45:00 - D2: Extending Repair Part Warranty
00:51:46 - D2: Changing ASUS Advance RMA Restrictions
01:01:36 - D2: Recapping the Improvements
01:07:19 - Conclusion

You know I don't know what to say about this if ASUS makes the changes that need to be then in IMO they will do it. I can already see some kind of boycott or something like that.

I only see that internet "celebrities" push the topic to bump views, and 99.5% of users don't care and buy ASUS products like they used to. If it was such a big global problem, no one would buy ASUS for years. Their support was much worse 10+ years ago, and somehow, they're on top of the sales list.
Each new GN video seems more pathetic to me. They don't really have many problems with ASUS - they have had 2-3 cases in long years, but they fight over the Ally console. It smells more like bait to make a noise and bump views. Because of their negative content without real reasons against ASUS, they don't have direct contact with ASUS reps that would support them. When I had a problem with support, and they wanted to reject my RMA without good reason, then I posted it on ROG forums. The problem was solved in a week and I don't have any direct contact with ASUS. What GN made? ... a video after the first rejection from support, without even explaining anything with support. Sorry, but if they were acting right, then they would get a review sample in the first place and wouldn't have to buy the console on their own. With their base of viewers, it wouldn't be a problem.

I only see that internet "celebrities" push the topic to bump views, and 99.5% of users don't care and buy ASUS products like they used to. If it was such a big global problem, no one would buy ASUS for years. Their support was much worse 10+ years ago, and somehow, they're on top of the sales list.
Each new GN video seems more pathetic to me. They don't really have many problems with ASUS - they have had 2-3 cases in long years, but they fight over the Ally console. It smells more like bait to make a noise and bump views. Because of their negative content without real reasons against ASUS, they don't have direct contact with ASUS reps that would support them. When I had a problem with support, and they wanted to reject my RMA without good reason, then I posted it on ROG forums. The problem was solved in a week and I don't have any direct contact with ASUS. What GN made? ... a video after the first rejection from support, without even explaining anything with support. Sorry, but if they were acting right, then they would get a review sample in the first place and wouldn't have to buy the console on their own. With their base of viewers, it wouldn't be a problem.
I so agree!!! :thup:

Back