• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus tuf black screen after bios splash screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It appears we have a semantics issue. Failure doesn't mean absolute nuclear meltdown. It means that your RAM isn't operating optimally and is causing problems in overall performance. And everything in between. Lots of gradient here. Yes, a total buggering could also be referenced, but in your case it means you need to address the performance issues by tweaking the RAM settings.

Here's the AMI beep code list for your guys reference.

1 short DRAM refresh failure The programmable interrupt timer or programmable interrupt controller has probably failed
2 short Memory parity error A memory parity error has occurred in the first 64K of RAM. The RAM IC is probably bad
3 short Base 64K memory failure A memory failure has occurred in the first 64K of RAM. The RAM IC is probably bad
4 short System timer failure The system clock/timer IC has failed or there is a memory error in the first bank of memory
5 short Processor error The system CPU has failed
6 short Gate A20 failure The keyboard controller IC has failed, which is not allowing Gate A20 to switch the processor to protected mode. Replace the keyboard controller
7 short Virtual mode processor exception error The CPU has generated an exception error because of a fault in the CPU or motherboard circuitry
8 short Display memory read/write error The system video adapter is missing or defective
9 short ROM checksum error The contents of the system BIOS ROM does not match the expected checksum value. The BIOS ROM is probably defective and should be replaced
10 short CMOS shutdown register read/write error The shutdown for the CMOS has failed
11 short Cache error The L2 cache is faulty
1 long, 2 short Failure in video system An error was encountered in the video BIOS ROM, or a horizontal retrace failure has been encountered
1 long, 3 short Memory test failure A fault has been detected in memory above 64KB
1 long, 8 short Display test failure The video adapter is either missing or defective
2 short POST Failure One of the hardware testa have failed
1 long POST has passed all tests

Sourced from: https://warp9-systems.proboards.com/thread/1240/bios-post-code-beeps

Good luck! (If it's 5 beeps, I'd try a cpu re-seat in the socket. Ram too)

And in my case, a Radeon RX580 installed in my Asus socket 1366 motherboard, made the BIOS menus seem laggy, too!

And Asus is different, possibly, 1 long and seven short or around there, can mean CPU fan error reported. When that happens it will make you press F1 or similar. Especially with their socket 775 motherboards, it can occur randomly, even with the CPU fan at totally correct RPM ranges.

And 1 long and two short, at least on Asus, meant I had to reseat the RAM.

I also thought I heard 1 long and three short for the video card not being seated properly, even with AMI, sounded like it's the same as Award.

Last edited:
Update! Asus support finally answered me. They said that in my case, it's gpu and that they have the same "problem" with their asus 3080 and 3090 cards, but it should be fixed in the next firmware update.

Wow... how it wasn't compatible... no idea. Good to know.

Hopefully that FW update is soon!

Final update.
Just updated gpu bios and it worked! One short beep and no delay)

Back