• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus TurboV on a non-turbo mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bobnova

I have a P5Q Pro, i can find very few differences between it and a P5q pro turbo, mostly the mosfet sinks and the fact that TurboV works with the turbo, and won't install on mine because it doesn't detect a turbo mobo.
I'm curious if anybody has tried swapping part IDs around in the drivers/registry to get it to work, and if it did.
If not, i would like to get the hardware ID numbers for a p5q pro so i can have a go at it myself. It may murder the XP install, but that's ok with me.

freeagent

I actually had to google it because I have never heard of turbo v..

The only thing I can think of is by flashing your board, with the bios from the other one, but I dont think the Asus utility would letchoo do that..

Grnfinger

I actually had to google it because I have never heard of turbo v..

The only thing I can think of is by flashing your board, with the bios from the other one, but I dont think the Asus utility would letchoo do that..

you could force flash it with a ES version of AFUDOS and use the /pbnc /n switches, same concept as the Maximus to Rampage bios swap.

OP
Bobnova

Bobnova

It'd be really nice to be able to change vcore without rebooting. I'm a bit leery about flashing a bios that does not belong, though i do have a USB floppy drive (and a bunch of MFM floppy drives) i could restore it with i guess. Asus talks about the OMGmybiosdied utility built in :p

Thanks for the input, i'd have replied sooner but i lost this thread till today.