• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Tusl2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Doc_Skurlock

I cannot get the power to turn on for my newly built comp, I'm having a bit of trouble with the power jumpers for the on/off switch on the front and the reset switch, and so forth. I have the abovementioned motherboard and an antec case, I will post a pic of what I am talking about with this. Thanks for the help in advance.

Johan

I have a TUSL2-C in an Antec case. You should just be able to follow the placement described in the manual using the little triangle on the jumper connectors for the positive signal.

Johan

Does yours have onboard video and/or are you using an add-on graphics card?

If using onboard, check BIOS to make settings are correct (i.e. onboard video not disabled).

If using add-on card, make sure card is firmly in AGP slot (if using AGP). Check using different card to make sure it is not the card itself.

Johan

Computer beep when powering on? If so, beep codes should be outlined in the manual.

Any switch blocks on mobo for video? Maybe onboard video is turned off.

Just taking a stab in the dark here...

OP
Doc_Skurlock

Doc_Skurlock

no beeps, and the mobo is jumperless. I've cleared the cmos. It might be the mobo, cpu or ram. I'm gonna take it to a place tomorrow and have them test a new stick and everything else. Thanks for the help.
Doc

OP
Doc_Skurlock

Doc_Skurlock

TUSL2

Well, I got it to Post. Now all I need to do is figure out how to partition a hard drive so I can install XP Pro. I appreciate NASsoccer and kennysheridan with their help.
Doc

OP
Doc_Skurlock

Doc_Skurlock

Still trying to figure it out. I was able to make a boot disk with DOS and the Data Lifeguard Utility for Western Digital HDD's. Apparently, my floppy went on the fritz and the one I had just put in my brand spanking new built computer is its replacement. Oh well, those things are practically free, so......I believe there is a pic of the inside somewhere up there. It looks totally sweet. I rummaged through the bios a bit and I can change everything. Guess that's the good part about the board being jumperless. You guys need to tell me what I can do with this thing. I'm gonna RMA this cpu, unless Johan hollers back to me, or Batman or STS want it. Guess I'll try to get another Tualatin. I'm just happy I built a comp that works. Holy crap. Ok, enough. Pretty soon I'll be like, so what? LOL. Thanks again NASsoccer and KennySheridan for their help in my troubles.
Doc

JCLW

Many TUSL2-Cs appear to ship with the dipswitchs in the jumperfree position, but the "Jumperfree" jumper in the non-jumperfree position, causing the board to do absolutely nothing upon power up. Double check those two items.

I'm not sure why you need to make a DOS boot disk to install XP. Just boot off the install CD and it should create a partition and format the drive.

- JW

OP
Doc_Skurlock

Doc_Skurlock

I've gotten it to POST. The problem was the chip, not the jumpers, and I had checked them about a dozen times. The deal with the OS is that XP can't boot off a new hdd. I put the XP Pro disk in and it said it needed the disk from 98, 2000, Me, or any of the NT series. I don't know why, but I found a datalifeguard utility for western digital hdd's. So no worries.
Doc

p.s. Thanks for your help. Also, it isn't a C