• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASUS X99-A II Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

ASUS has released a new motherboard based on the LGA 2011-v3 platform as a little brother to the recently reviewed X99 Deluxe II. This newest board is the X99-A II. While the specification and feature lists aren't as long as the Deluxe II, like its big brother the X99-A II features extensive RGB LED control, a VRM which is more than adequate, and much more. Grab a drink, pull up a seat, and we'll get going!

Click here to view the article.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
Looks like a decent board for a reasonable price.

bruceGH4

Registered
ASUS x99 gets 4 stars

I used the ASUS x-99 a I I board on this, my first PC build. I did a lot of research and this review was one of the best (extensive and detailed) but I finally decided on this motherboard after reading the owners manuals from the different makers. The Asus manual was one of the few that didn't read like a promotional ad.
My build uses i7-6800k CPU and a two fan liquid cooler. It was easy and fun to set up fan controls, memory parameters, windows 10, and to oc the CPU which I run at 4200ghz with no problem. I wish I had known more about raid settings and SSD as these should be set up before installing windows to avoid having to reset some of the windows registry settings later.:):)

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
Glad you got it all set up and working, thanks for the feedback on my review as well :)

We'd love to see some pics of the build as well! :thup:

bruceGH4

Registered
x-99 video editing build

It looks like this

Asus x99-A-ii, i7-6800k, Gamer Storm H2O by Deepcool, 4x8gb ddr4-2133 g.skill ram, sandisk 240gb sshd, toshiba 3tb hdd,
Evda gold 750, windows 10 home, amd radeon hd 6700 in Fractal Midi Case.
For editing video in 4K.

Attachments

• P1060408.JPG
    P1060408.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 142

Vellinious

I've tried several different boards in the X99 lineup. I always end up going back to the ASUS X99-A. It's a really good board, and I have yet to miss any of the "extras" that come with the Deluxe model. I have some of the highest benchmark scores out there with this "cheap" board. lol

bruceGH4

Registered
I've tried several different boards in the X99 lineup. I always end up going back to the ASUS X99-A. It's a really good board, and I have yet to miss any of the "extras" that come with the Deluxe model. I have some of the highest benchmark scores out there with this "cheap" board. lol

I appreciate the feedback.
I got a bad test result on my SSD and one thing I just discovered was the XML? switch on the board, which I clicked to the right (too small to read on/off)
I am curious why there is a switch, why would I want it off? I turned this option on in the bios a while ago to with no effect.
Enlightenment anyone?

rainless

Old Member
MY SOUL cries out for vengeance! Oh... and the motherboard looks impressive. Liking the LEDs...