• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus X99 Deluxe, running SLI in different PCI ports.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

I have an Asus X99 laying around, and since no one wants to buy it off me, well im just going to use it.

My reasons for not using it so far has been that i need to change my loop and its too much hassle.

Since the Asus board has had bent pins, then I cant be sure it will work, so i dont want to change my loop at first.

I am going to attempt and rebuild, but Asus board has GPU config set for 16x/16x with SLi in pci-e 1 and 4 while my current MSI is 1 and 3.

The 3rd pcie on the asus is only 8x, but from my understanding SLi would still work, but its would run 16x on top card and 8x on second card?

Would it work or not? if yes, how big would a performance hit be? 2% or more?

Last edited:
Well we have been over this yes and no. I dont feel i got an answer for my question really.

I have always questioned perofrmance with useing the ports i been told to by the manuel, but this time im stepping off what the manuel says, and i wsnt to know if there is a bigger performance hit tsken by doing so.

Last edited:
Of course there is if the pcie lanes are less. Look at the link I've provided.

Think the manual is 8n error, look at gpuz to confirm what each card is getting g. This kind performance is better in anotherror slot? Test it...

...or go with the manual.

Back