• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Z87-A and G3258 Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

de_yogurt

I came across another users thread about the Intel Pentium G3258 core voltage and instead of hijacking his thread even more, I thought I would make my own. Seems that HWMonitor and CPU-Z might be displaying the wrong information. I took some screenshots of the BIOS; HWMonitor and CPU-Z displaying the information. I'm hoping someone can help decipher what it means. I ran Prime95 these setting for 2 hours without errors (I know its not a good sample size, but its something). I didn't pursue the Prime95 test any further as I did not want to damage anything.

core ratio.jpg

voltage.jpg

desktop.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated. The BIOS is updated to the current version. HWMonitor and CPU-Z are also updated to the current version

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
What's wrong/what is your question??

EDIT: After having to go to other thread to figure out what you were asking, as Tir already said in that thread, that is your input voltage.

Last edited:
OP
D

de_yogurt

Is the VCORE actually the voltage input and the VIN4 my actual CPU voltage?

Edit: so if the clock speed is stable at the current voltage can I increase the clock speed? And once it becomes unstable increase the voltage? I guess I shouldn't make posts so early in the morning when my brain isn't functioning. Sorry for the confusion

Last edited:

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
That is correct. HWMonitor seems to be reporting the Vcore as your input voltage. The VIN4 appears to be your actual Vcore, while VIN3 is likely the SA voltage.