• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Z971 mITX D-state workaround

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wayward_Son

Hey, fellas. I haven't posted in a very long time, but I could use your help.

Last summer I built a mini ITX rig for work, thinking that I would be doing a lot of out-of-town work which never happened. The machine has been sitting, but now I have use for it as an office power machine. I did not by a gen4 i7-compatibale power supply.

I need to figure out what I need to do in the BIOS to disable the d-state power savings so that I don't need to re-boot the rig every time it falls into d_sate. My mobo manual isn't clear enough for me to start fooling with it. It is an mITX board, ASUS Z971 Plus with an intel 4790K.

Any help is appreciated.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
what is d_state? i keep googling a few different ways and keep getting other things not related to it, i kinda gather it might be a low power or sleep state. i would check the os first for these options and it might be a combo of bios/os options.