• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AT&T Buying a phone and contract

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SeasonalEclipse

Ok, so I just purchased a Razr and a phone plan through AT&T but heres the weird part.. all they wanted was my SS number.. no credit card or anything like that.. so will I get a paper bill? Thats what im assuming, the email I got didnt say a thing about how I would be billed, anyone recently get a service plan through AT&T like this?

Seinken

They did the same thing to me when i ordered their DSL service, thing is i never got a bill and it's been like 2 months D=

OP
SeasonalEclipse

SeasonalEclipse

They did the same thing to me when i ordered their DSL service, thing is i never got a bill and it's been like 2 months D=

Uhh hmm.. did you get their service then?.. was it installed and all that? are you uisng it now?lol.. Ill prolly h ave to call in and make my payments online every month or something.. im not gonna just give em my bank info.

Seinken

Yeah, I only actually needed the connection for a few days and then left it disconnected, perhaps they just considered me a lost cause.

I did think it was strange they didn't ask for a CC#.

OP
SeasonalEclipse

SeasonalEclipse

Yeah.. me too.. I had it out and was waiting to put it in.. it neve rcame up.. so I made sure i didnt go to a scam site or soemthing LOL it was the real deal.. so eh.. better for me I guess. I hate using credit cards. I have that fear of losing a payment in the mail to them and then them charging me out the tush for it.. but yeah...

stereo555

Overclocking is music to my soul
Not to worry about the SS number to AT&T , as I had to do the same for my (then Cingular) cell contract and the SS number thing is quite comon for that stuff ; no cc number either , they just bill ya later .