• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AT7 boot problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LocutusofBorg

Disabled
So far i have had no probs at all with this setup
This mornig i turned on the PC. Went to brush my teeth
and when i came back it was stuck on the Highpoint detection
i hit reset and it booted fine.
did some reading,forums,email ect. and shut down.
Came home from work and turned it on and it stopped on detecting IDE devices.
I hit restart and it went to the Highpoint screen and stopped again.
WTF!!!!!????????
I hit reset and it booted fine.
Now my voltages are fluctuating[most of them]
Could my PSU be on the way out?

This is my Rig

madsam

either it's on it's way out, or it's just very unstable. i just replaced mine because of the same problem. i don't know if the swaying voltages are going to harm anything, but i assume it will. i'd like to mention that i wondered the same thing you are wondering, til yesterday when my motherboard fried. i ordered a new motherboard...at7-max2... and a new psu......directron. review here... http://www.xtremesystems.org/mricee/images/myweb6/ttgi_review_1.htm

i'd buy a decent psu before something fries, although i have no way of telling what really killed my board.

madsam

well, luckily i didn't fry my motherboard after all, and it was the power supply that died instead. the new power supply works great, and it works on my at7-max2 great also.

i am wondering if your at7 still has booting problems? or if you fixed it, and how.

give us an update so future members with the same problem can find this fix..

thanks...