• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AT7-MAX Sensor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chris

I was just fitting my CPu in the AT7-MAX i just bought second hand, and i noticed the CPU was not sitting flat in the socket. Then i noticed the themal diode or sensor what ever its called was sticking up a bit, so i had to bend it down a bit before the cpu would sit flat in the socket. Im just wondering now if the temps are gong to be way off now because i had to bend it down a bit.

Sonny

Senior TIFOSI
You actually want to push the thermistor down with the CPU, that's if you have a Thunderbird or ThoroughBred & not a Palomino(it has components on the underside), & having some thermal compound on it as well. If it's not touching the bottom or the CPU firmly then your probably reading the air temp in the Ziff Socket cavity.

OP
Chris

Chris

Im using a Pally, I noticed the components underneath and didnt want to damage them, so i pushed it down a bit with my finger, I think i'll have to fiddle with it to try get it as close as possible, but i dont want to move it too much incase it snaps off:(