• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

'Athens' - MS defines the next Windows PC standard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UnseenMenace

UnseenModerator
OK, reality check. Your PC is fundamentally unreliable and broken. It doesn't switch on immediately and stay on, working, like your stereo, TV, fixed line or mobile phone, granny can't just play music and videos, stay connected to the Internet and collect her emails without regular calls to tech support (i.e., you), and in addition to making annoying whooshing, whining and rattling noises the PC is prone to various hardware components mysteriously dropping dead (or not so mysteriously, given that the noises and the failures are frequently connected).

Read The Full Report At The Register

Supertrucker

Way Too Jealous Member
my tv is 5 years old... 5 year old tech in computers would be what, like a p2 450 or so, no thanks. my stereo and speakers are more like 8 years old, thas getting into like the very first pentiums, double no thanks. neither my tv or my stereo show any real signs of age the way one of those pcs would, integrating a fast moving tech into a slow moving tech is very bad imho