• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 1.3 already unlocked?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sailor420

OK... I swear that my Athlon 1.33 (266 fsb) already has the L1 bridges connected. What gives?

lots of them are factory unlocked. My 1.2 TBird was factory unlocked, and most 1.4 Tbirds are. Good luck with it!

Do i need to do something else to be able to change it? I have an ECS K7S5A Mobo... I cant change it in the BIOS currently... Do it need some sort of different BIOS? I have a BIOS installed that lets me OC the FSB, but I still cant change the multiplier.

Your mobo and your bios do not have the option of changing the multiplier.
The only way to change your multiplier is by modding your cpu.

I think all tbirds 1.2-1.4 GHz 266 fsb cpus are factory unlocked. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, but how do I go about changing it now? My BIOS shows the multiplier, but I cannot change it.

sailor420 said:
Yes, this I know, but its already been modded.
by "modded", he means you would have to connect other bridges to get specific multipliers, and you would have to redo the bridges when you want to change multipliers. If changing it is really important, the only answer I see is to get a new mobo.

Back